Titel: Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
Autor: Tom White
„Hadoop: The Definitive Guide helps you harness the power of your data. Ideal for processing large datasets, the Apache Hadoop framework is an open source implementation of the MapReduce algorithm on which Google built its empire. This comprehensive resource demonstrates how to use Hadoop to build reliable, scalable, distributed systems: programmers will find details for analyzing large datasets, and administrators will learn how to set up and run Hadoop clusters.
Complete with case studies that illustrate how Hadoop solves specific problems, this book helps you:
- Use the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) for storing large datasets, and run distributed computations over those datasets using MapReduce
- Become familiar with Hadoop’s data and I/O building blocks for compression, data integrity, serialization, and persistence
- Discover common pitfalls and advanced features for writing real-world MapReduce programs
- Design, build, and administer a dedicated Hadoop cluster, or run Hadoop in the cloud
- Use Pig, a high-level query language for large-scale data processing
- Take advantage of HBase, Hadoop’s database for structured and semi-structured data
- Learn ZooKeeper, a toolkit of coordination primitives for building distributed systems
Rene Buest is Senior Analyst and Cloud Practice Lead at Crisp Research, covering cloud computing, IT infrastructure, open source and Internet of Things. Prior to that he was Principal Analyst at New Age Disruption and member of the worldwide Gigaom Research Analyst Network. Rene Buest is top cloud computing blogger in Germany and one of the worldwide top 50 bloggers in this area. In addition, he is one of the world’s top cloud computing influencers and belongs to the top 100 cloud computing experts on Twitter and Google+. Since the mid-90s he is focused on the strategic use of information technology in businesses and the IT impact on our society as well as disruptive technologies.
Rene Buest is the author of numerous professional cloud computing and technology articles. He regularly writes for well-known IT publications like Computerwoche, CIO Magazin, LANline as well as Silicon.de and is cited in German and international media – including New York Times, Forbes Magazin, Handelsblatt, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Wirtschaftswoche, Computerwoche, CIO, Manager Magazin and Harvard Business Manager. Furthermore Rene Buest is speaker and participant of experts rounds. He is founder of CloudUser.de and writes about cloud computing, IT infrastructure, technologies, management and strategies. He holds a diploma in computer engineering from the Hochschule Bremen (Dipl.-Informatiker (FH)) as well as a M.Sc. in IT-Management and Information Systems from the FHDW Paderborn.