Titel: Pro Amazon EC2 and WS: Elastic Compute Cloud and Web Services Development with Java
Autor: Max Yankelevich, Mikhail Malamud, Donald Mahaya
“Cloud computing is being talked about as the next major trend that is going to change the way businesses use technology to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace, much like the Internet did in the 1990s. Java Enterprise Edition (EE) appears to be the programming platform of choice for most organizations that require scalability and enterprise application features. Java has had tremendous success in the engineering community with a substantial ecosystem of various open source frameworks and utilities
Cloud computing + Java + open source = The next generation of “Internet-scale” applications
Pro Amazon EC2 and WS with Java walks you through a comprehensive and practical approach to working with Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud in EC2 and associated web services using Java EE implementations, frameworks, and tools like JBoss, Hibernate, Spring, GridGrain, and more to create the next generation of “Internet-scale” applications.
The Freedom OSS author team has had long-term, close partnerships with Amazon Web Services and JBoss. These relationships give the authors a unique insight into their inner workings and various implementation strategies. And these insights provide a “view from the trenches” that comes from having done over 100 Amazon AWS and over 300 Java EE projects in the last two years.
What you’ll learn
- Migrate your existing JEE application to EC2/EBS/S3
- Get your Java web application up and running in minutes in the cloud
- Avoid common Amazon Web Services pitfalls
- Secure your application running on JBoss or Tomcat on Amazon EC2
- Create Amazon Machine Images (AMI) containing Java components
- Deploy your Spring-based app on EC2
- Uncover Internet-scale messaging alternatives on the cloud
- Find out when to best use elastic block storage vs. S3
- Determine how and when to utilize everything AWS has to offer
- Explore design strategies on how to stay “cloud agnostic”
- Handle large usage spikes in your Java EE application through “bursting” and “autoscale” strategies
- Create High Performance Computing (HPC) Java applications to crunch large data sets
- Find out how to create highly reliable applications using Java and AWS
Who is this book for?
Java developers and architects with good working knowledge of Java EE and basic concepts of cloud computing. This book can also apply to project managers, system admins, and tech-savvy small business owners who wish to create cloud-based business services.”