After the revelations on PRISM I have started a small anonymous survey to see what is the current situation with the confidence in the cloud and how the scandal has changed on the personal relationship to the cloud.
- How is your current trust in the cloud in general?
- How is your current trust in the cloud provider of your choice?
- How does the PRISM uncoverings influence your trust in the cloud?
- Is your current cloud provider one of the accused?
- How does the PRISM uncoverings influence your trust in the cloud provider of your choice?
- Did you already think about to leave the cloud e.g. your cloud provider due to the PRISM uncoverings?
- How important is the unconditional openness of your provider in times of PRISM and surveillance?
- Do you think a 100% end-to-end encryption without any access and other opportunities of third parties can strengthen the trust?
- In your mind which world region is the safest/ trustworthiest to store data in?
To participate in the survey please choose this way:
Your trust in the Cloud! – After the PRISM uncoverings how is your trust in the cloud?
Rene Buest is Principal Analyst and Senior Advisor at New Age Disruption
, covering cloud computing
, business technology
. He is member of the GigaOM Pro Analyst Network
, top cloud computing blogger in Germany
and one of the worldwide top 50 bloggers
in this area. In addition, he is one of the world's top cloud computing influencers
and belongs to the top 100 cloud computing experts on Twitter
. For more than 16 years he is focused on the strategic use of information technology in businesses and the IT impact on our society as well as disruptive technologies.
Rene Buest is the author of numerous professional cloud computing and technology articles, speaker and participant of experts rounds
. On CloudUser.de
he writes about topics from the fields of cloud computing, it-infrastructures, technologies, management and strategies and is moving on Twitter via his account @ReneBuest
Rene Buest is organizer of numerous cloud computing and technology events. Covering the CloudCamp Hamburg 2010, CloudCamp Frankfurt 2012, CloudOps Summit 2012 and the Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure User Groups in Germany.
Rene Buest is a fully qualified specialist for system integration und holds a diploma in computer engineering from the Hochschule Bremen (Dipl.-Informatiker (FH)) as well as a M.Sc. in IT-Management and Information Systems from the FHDW Paderborn.
Detailed curriculum vitaes are hosted on XING